At Keegan Chiropractic, we know that knee pain can affect every part of life, including your ability to work and participate in the activities you love. Fortunately, it’s much easier to treat when you take the whole body into account and target the original source of the symptoms.
Our Ashburn chiropractor, Dr. Keegan, offers all-natural chiropractic treatments to help relieve or manage knee pain and restore your way of life. While prevention and early diagnosis are crucial for many conditions that cause knee pain, current symptoms mean you need a treatment plan that targets the source of your pain now.
Common Symptoms of Knee Pain
Knee pain is very common, but our goal is to identify and treat the type and source of your knee pain. That means your chiropractic care regimen will be one-of-a-kind, starting with a comprehensive exam that gets to the bottom of your symptoms.
What does “knee pain” mean to you? Your chiropractor needs to know exactly how and where your pain occurs, so he can decide which treatment is right for you. Some of the most common symptoms of knee pain include:
- Constant knee ache
- Shooting, sharp pains when you use your knee
- Dull knee pain or discomfort
- Burning sensation in the knee
- Pain or swelling when you touch your knee
If you’re not sure exactly how to describe your knee pain, our exam and interview will help you narrow down your symptoms.
Different Types of Knee Pain
There are two main types of knee pain: chronic and acute. Here are the differences between these common types:
- Acute Knee Pain – Knee pain that occurs suddenly
- Chronic Knee Pain – Pain that recurs or never goes away
We treat and manage these types in different ways, so let us know how long you’ve been suffering and when it started. For example, if you’ve been in pain for a long time, it’s chronic knee pain that probably has a long-term cause. Acute pain, on the other hand, may stem from a sudden injury or illness.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Both chronic and acute knee pain can have a wide variety of causes, but most involve a combination of tension and inflammation. Our goal is to learn what’s causing your knee pain so that we can relieve tension and inflammation and prevent them from recurring.
Of course, there are many reasons for tension and inflammation in the knee joint, including:
- Repetitive movements – Over time, the same motion or exercise can cause too much stress
- Athletic injury – Several sports are notorious for knee injuries, but over-rotation is one of the most common causes of knee injury
- Degenerative Disease – Arthritis, osteoarthritis and other degenerative diseases can slowly cause chronic knee pain
- Obesity – Extra weight puts extra pressure on the knee joints
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Knee Pain Management & Relief
Chiropractic treatments are customized to target the source of your knee pain. We offer all-natural adjustments and other treatment methods to actually prevent your pain and inflammation from recurring. Do you need relief from acute or chronic knee pain?
Call us today to make an appointment with an Ashburn chiropractor.