Our Ashburn Chiropractor Treats & Prevents Common Sports Injuries
Athletes of all ages and ability levels can become injured while training for or participating in their sport of choice. Our Ashburn chiropractor, Dr. Keegan, works with athletic people looking for a natural, drug-free solution to their pain and dysfunction—or, better yet, are looking for ways to avoid injury and maximize their athletic potential.
Common Sports Injury Types, Risk Factors, Signs & Symptoms
At Keegan Chiropractic, we meet athletes who are young and old, novice and elite, single-sport and multi-sport. While different athletic endeavors impose different levels of risk and type of injuries, some of the most common types of acute and chronic conditions we see among this general patient population include:
- Muscle strains, ligament sprains, tendon inflammation (tendonitis), and bursitis
- Disc herniations and disc bulges
- Plantar fasciitis
- Joint subluxation
- Medial and lateral epicondylitis (golfer's elbow and tennis elbow)
- Medial tibial stress syndrome (shin splints)
Risk factors for injuries include over-training, under-training, poor nutrition and hydration, poor technique, and more.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for the Injured AND Non-Injured Athlete
Chiropractic care can help you or the athletes in your life via a variety of holistic services and techniques:
- Chiropractic manipulations realign your spinal anatomy so you can move and function from a healthier base; adjustments also stimulate the release of natural analgesics to ease your pain
- Massage therapy facilitates accelerated sports injury healing by relieving muscle tension and fascial restrictions, improving localized circulation, reducing swelling and inflammation, and restoring range of motion so you can move your body more efficiently
- Our Ashburn chiropractor prescribes corrective exercises with specific goals of tissue healing, core stabilization, improved muscle-length balance, and improved strength and endurance so your body can move more safely and effectively
- Cold laser therapy, which uses low level laser light to elicit healing biological effects at the cellular level, including increased metabolism and repair
These aren't the only services we offer for the athlete looking to prevent or recover from injury. Every plan of care is individually crafted to meet the unique needs of each athlete. Our chiropractor has a keen eye for human movement and can identify areas, such as mobility restrictions or impaired motor control, which may increase your risk of injury. By addressing such "hidden" areas, Dr. Keegan can help you excel in your chosen sport and maintain the active lifestyle you desire.
Sidelined by an Injury? Get Back in the Action with Holistic Healing from our Sports Injury Chiropractor
Are you an athlete trying to recover from an injury or elevate your game? Contact Keegan Chiropractic today to connect with our sports injury chiropractor in Ashburn VA.