Upper/Mid-Back Pain From Your Ashburn Chiropractor
Upper and mid-back pain can affect your sleeping and waking hours. By making daily tasks uncomfortable, upper back pain and mid-back pain can reduce the quality of life. As your chiropractor in Ashburn, we provide effective pain management for our patients. Using all-natural chiropractic care, we help patients manage and prevent their pain in the shoulders, spine and middle portions of the back.
Causes of Upper and Mid-Back Pain
There are many things that can cause upper and mid-back pain. Some of the most frequent causes of this type of pain include:
- Career and ergonomics. Sitting in an uncomfortable position throughout the day can take its toll on the body. People who do not assume a neutral position while they are at work can eventually become injured and experience back pain.
- Stress. Stress causes muscle tension, which can lead to back pain, neck pain, headaches and leg pain. This pain typically recurs when the patient is experiencing extra stress in their life.
- Injury. Sports injuries, personal injuries, and car accident injuries can all cause back pain and other forms of musculoskeletal pain.
- Whiplash. Whiplash occurs when the muscles in the neck develop tiny tears.
- Subluxation. When a subluxation occurs, the vertebrae pushes against the spinal cord and causes pain and discomfort.
- Herniated disc. A herniated disc occurs when the vertebral disc pushes out, putting pressure on the spinal cord.
Chiropractic Care for Mid-Back Pain
Chiropractic care for mid-back pain is holistic and gentle, perfect for patients of all ages. At Keegan Chiropractic, we help patients manage their upper and mid-back pain with a technique called spinal adjustment. With this technique, we realign the vertebrae to reduce pressure on the spinal cord in the key areas of the back. In addition to providing patients with back pain relief, spinal adjustment also helps reduce muscle stiffness and improve mobility. Other techniques that we use for patients suffering from back pain include:
- Massage Therapy. Massage therapy helps reduce muscle tension and can soothe aching back muscles.
- Lifestyle Advice. Our lifestyle advice helps patients avoid behaviors that can lead to upper and middle back pain.
- Stretches and Exercises. Stretches and exercises can help improve range of motion and can also help patients build muscle strength.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Pain Management
There are many benefits of chiropractic care! Some of the reasons that patients see their chiropractor for pain management include:
- Chiropractic care is all natural and involves no addictive medications.
- Chiropractic care is non-invasive.
- Chiropractic care is preventative, so patients who recover from back pain can continue to see the chiropractor to avoid this kind of pain in the future.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Ashburn Chiropractor
As your chiropractor in Ashburn, we provide diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for patients suffering from back pain. To make an appointment for a consultation, contact us today at 703-858-3500.